I can truly say that someone that always makes a difference in my life are my science teachers. Each year since middle school my science teachers have sparked my knowledge on science. Although I have been taking science since middle school, I think that I started taking science seriously in high school. Last year in biology I got excited to learn something new; my favorite was learning about GMOs and how it is a very debatable topic. That’s another thing I love about science you get to use your debating skills sometimes since not everyone in the science industry have the same viewpoint. This year in chemistry so far I love it and I can say that this is so far the most interesting course I have taken in high school. I get excited when I walk through the doors of chemistry because I know that it won’t be boring.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Journal # 6
If the U.S. is the scientific light of the world and if we are so responsible for making new discoveries, then we should give out more scholarships to students that progress will in science. Also schools should try to get students more interested in science at an early age so that they will think about making a career out of science. But the schools have to make it pertain to the students or else we will lose interest and not care. Show more experiments and demos, this way students will actually appreciate it and think about going into a doctoral field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your comment made my day! I'm happy you're liking the class so far and I think the point about the debate skills is a valid one, science debate is probably the most heated of them all!
ReplyDelete